Freitag, 25. Dezember 2009

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Finally a new post. :)
Unbelievable how quick time went. Well anyway. I am back in Germany since last Wednesday. The holiday was pretty good, I enjoyed it. There are heaps of photos on facebook :)
We left Sydney on the 15th of December at 5 pm and got to Germany at 5 am on the 16th of December... After Qantas told me that my plane ticket was cancelled and I expected to stay longer in AUS :) :) they fixed it and I got a new one :(: The first flight from Sydney to Singapore was "only" 8 hours and alright. 13 hours sitting on a chair and having no room to stretch your legs at all was too long though. At least the flight wasnt booked out and so I had no one sitting right next to me. Arriving in Frankfurt was FREEZING cold. The first thing I noticed was that everyone talks German again! Thats so weird... We got our luggage and walked to the train station to catch the ICE to Hanover. We had to wait for like 20 minutes and it was -4°C cold! I was so cold, cause I was still wearing my trackies and only my Australian Winter coat, not warm enough for German Winter! We arrived in hanover at 9 am (7pm Melbourne time) and by then I havent had proper sleep for about 34hours... My mum picked us up from the train station and then we went to my old school to pick up my little sisters. They had to write some exams in the morning... Back in Brelingen, the tiny village I am living at, we had cake and home made christmas biscuits. In the evening lots of friends and mates came around for a surprise and we had a look at some photos and souvenirs. Everyone laughed at my school uniform etc... ( German schools dont have uniforms).
Well -4°C wasnt cold enough! Only three days later we had - 19 °C !!! Aww it was so FREEZING!!! The cold doesnt bother us horse riders, the horses still have to be ridden... wearing thick snowboarding pants and warm jackets... Over the weekend it started to snow and YES we had a white Christmas :) :)
Today its quite warm and everything is melting, well by warm I mean around 0°C...
Christmas Evening was good. We went to church and then Santa came and gave us lots of presents. ... Today I went horse riding with my sisters and now we are having cake and biscuits...
Oh I forgot to tell you that everyone who sees me again tells me how tanned I am :) :P
xoxo

2 Kommentare:

Esther hat gesagt…

good to hear that you're still alive!
i had a rainy christmas by around 22°C in melbourne with a bowl with lots of cherries, mango and melon :)
our dinner was turkey, knödel, rotkohl and garden salat. was quite good such a half aussie half german dinner :D
hope you have a nice new years eve and a good time in freezing germany ._.
i have 37 days left - then my time is over as well..
xoxoxo

Larry hat gesagt…

Dear Blogger/webmaster,

This is a Link Exchange Request on behalf of our language school sites for which I am working on.

I found your www.Blog verena-downunder.blogspot.com whilst searching on the web and would like to ask if you have any Educational/travel/Student housing/

language study/cultural Blogs or Websites for exchanging links.
Please send me your Sites/Blog lists, if I find any relevancy, then we will proceed for a mutual link excahnge program.

Thank you for your time & I look forward to hearing from you soon.